Dashboard camera has become an essential accessory of cars in recent times. This video recorder can mount behind the rearview mirror to record the outside happenings perfectly. It helps in claiming insurance in case of accidents so that you can have peace of mind while driving. Not only that, when you are hanging out with friends on a weekend trip, it records your entire travel experience and the beautiful locations to cherish later. Let’s discuss the list of the best dash cam in India with their pros and cons.
Best Dashboard Cameras
|Product Name||Wide Angle Degree||Check Price on Amazon|
|Aukey 170 Degree Wide-Angle Lens Dash Cam||170||Check Price|
|DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera||140||Check Price|
|Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam||150||Check Price|
|Procus Convoy Car Dash Camera||120||Check Price|
|APEMAN Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder||170||Check Price|
|Blaupunkt BP 2.1 FHD Digital Video Recorder||120||Check Price|
|70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro||140||Check Price|
|AKASO V1 Dash Cam Car Recorder||170||Check Price|
|YI Smart Dash Camera||165||Check Price|
|Aukey Dual Dash Cam||170||Check Price|
Aukey 170 Degree Wide-Angle Lens Dash Cam
The Aukey dash cam fits easily in the rearview camera and becomes handy in emergency situations for an easy claim of insurance with the Sony Exmor sensor.
- The camera has a built-in gravity sensor for emergency recordings and it starts recording video if there are any disruptions in vehicle movement and cannot be overwritten in the future.
- Captures the video with 1080p resolutions with optional audio recordings and take stills.
- Excellent recording quality in low light and great for night time driving video. It can operate in extreme weather conditions from – 30 degrees to 75 degrees Celsius.
- It is easy to install in the car windshield with the help of a double-sided 3M adhesive pad and can be removed easily whenever you want.
- Provides facility for creating time-lapse video of the travel with time-lapse recordings.
- The memory management feature continuously records videos and if the memory is full, it will delete the old footage. With this you don’t have to check for available storage.
- The recordings are automated with the start of the car engine and stops recording with the stop of the engine.
- Easy installation
- Unlimited recordings
- Gravity sensor
- Low video quality at night time
- No inbuilt WiFi
DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera
This DDPAI Mini is the best dash cam in India with a stylish and compact design along with a rotating lens for capturing in the maximum angles.
- The dash cam captures in full HD 1080p resolutions at 30 frames per second and has Hisilicon Hi3516C main processor, Exmor CMOS image sensor, 6-G lens with one infrared filter.
- Ability to capture wide-angle videos to cover up to 4-6 lanes at a time. F 2.2 large aperture records low light videos with extra lighting. It can create a time-lapse video at 1 frame per second.
- It has a supercapacitor in the place of a traditional battery to withstand extreme temperature conditions ( -25 to 85 degrees Celsius) and is highly durable.
- Any sudden change or collision in the car will be identified by G-sensor and it freezes the recording file and that cannot be overwritten. The video will download on the phone if the DDPAI app connects with the dashcam through WiFi.
- The sharing of video is much simpler with the inbuilt WiFi rather than removing the SD card and transferring it. The interface is simple and easy to use.
- DDPAI hardware kit enables parking mode if the car is not moving for 15 minutes and has a capacity of 24 hours parking mode recordings.
- G- sensor facility
- In-built WiFi
- Records 24-hour parking
- User-friendly interface
- Issues with battery backup
- Low-quality video over the period
Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam
The Blueskysea B1W becomes one of the best dash cam in India with 360-degree rotation and WiFi connection for easy sharing in social media.
- It has a 1080p resolution video quality at 30 frames per second with a Novatek GM8 processor and Sony CMOS image sensor and also supports 64 GB Micro SD card.
- The 6 layer glass lens improves the video quality with crystal clear images of ultra-wide-angle and a low light sensor for bright videos during night time.
- The supercapacitor offers an extended working temperature range (-25 to 85 degrees Celsius) and a long lifetime. It is the best dash cam suitable for the Indian climate.
- The G- sensor safeguards the recordings if it faces collision and it cannot be destroyed. The cam can capture video with 360-degree rotation.
- The app on your phone can connect with the dashcam using WiFi. It offers facilities like viewing the footage, download the videos, share the videos in social media, and change the settings of the dashcam.
- The loop recording cleans the old footage when memory is full so no worries about the storage capacity. It does not disturb the G-sensor saved videos.
- If the parked car has any impacts, then the G-sensor will activate the parking mode function, and the cam records videos for 30 seconds automatically.
- 360 rotation
- Inbuilt WiFi
- Parking Mode Function
- Loop recording
- Compact in size
- Poor video quality over the period
Procus Convoy Car Dash Camera
This Procus Convoy dash camera acts as a CCTV of the car and protect you from the legal and insurance formalities.
- The cam produces 1080p HD resolution with photography compression technology and does a smooth image processing.
- Class A lens has superior night-vision and ultra wide dynamic range for crystal clear video recording at night.
- It supports storage up to 32 GB with a loop recording system to delete the unwanted recordings when the storage reaches the threshold.
- The G-sensor detects a crash or irregular motion and records the video of it. It cannot be overwritten by the loop recording system. It also activates parking mode for recording the impact or damage during parking.
- The product has 6 month customer support from the company in case of defects or troubles.
- The cam has full metal frame body, solid hardware and a stable software to give non-stop recording of the event.
- Metal frame body
- G sensor
- Good night recording
- Functioning issues over the period
APEMAN Dash Cam 1080P FHD DVR Car Driving Recorder
This APEMAN dashcam has a stylish design and compact size that fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror. It also functions the best in capturing the perfect moments with high-quality video.
- The dashcam has an ultra-wide view angle to capture the entire highway and minute details in front of the vehicle with less blind spots.
- It has a super high-resolution lens for 1080p HD resolution recording and displays clear cut videos and images in a 3 inches large LCD screen. It can replay the required part even in high-speed driving.
- The inbuilt G-sensor detects sudden shake or collision and automatically saves the video. It also protects saved videos from overwriting.
- The F 1.8 aperture along with WDR and HDR provides high-quality recording even at night time and low light environment and also captures sharp color-accurate images. It removes the necessity of extra lights in the night.
- The dash cam is very simple to install and operate with user friendly interface. The average setup time is just 3 minutes.
- Parking mode activates only when the engine is off and protects the car surroundings with 24 hours monitoring. It also has loop recording and motion detection.
- Easy to install
- User friendly interface
- 24 hours parking mode
- Excellent night vision recording
- Issues with camera lens after certain period
Blaupunkt BP 2.1 FHD Digital Video Recorder
The Blaupunkt video recorder has one of the best HD video recording. It is compact in size and has motion detection support.
- The cam has an HD camera for HD video recording with 1080p, 720p, and 480p video resolution. The image format is JPG and the video format is AVI-MJPG.
- The inbuilt G- sensor detects sudden change in vehicle movement and records video which cannot be destroyed.
- It has 120 degree wide lens for wide angle capturing and has minimum LUX illumination.
- The cam has support for 32 GB memory SD card and 2 inch display screen for instant previewing.
- It has built-in microphone, built-in speaker and motion detection.
- The loop recording allows for the continuous recording by keeping the storage free and it can be turned off for 30 seconds or 1 minute or 2 minutes.
- Inbuilt G-sensor
- High-quality recording
- Inbuilt microphone and speaker
- Issues with camera functionality over the period
70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro
This smart dash cam is one of the best dash cams in India for its clear vision during snow, smoke, and haze environment and advanced driver assistant system to facilitate safe driving.
- The dash cam has 5 MP sensitive Sony sensor and Dual-core HiSilicon processor for effective functioning and supports real-time recordings.
- The 6 glass lens produces 1944p HD resolution with a wide-angle view and captures clear cut images in both low light and strong light environments.
- The Loop recording erases the old footage to free up the memory space in micro SD card.
- The inbuilt G- sensor saves the recording to an emergency file if it detects any sudden shake or collision.
- It offers 24-hour parking surveillance to the car and starts recording the video if there is any impact or collision. You can view the videos later when you want to.
- The Advanced Driver Assistant System (ADAS) helps in making your journey safe and comfortable with vehicle speed and Geo-coordinates as input. It has three unique facilities, Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning, and Forward Vehicle movement alert.
- High-resolution recording
- ADAS system
- 24 hours of parking surveillance
- Effective functioning
- Issues with motion detection
AKASO V1 Dash Cam Car Recorder
The dash cam car recorder from AKASO is a standalone product for its extreme wide-angle images and best videos that captures 4 traffic lanes while driving in India.
- It has nano-coated 6 glass lens and F1.8 large aperture for producing high quality videos and images.
- The SONY IMX323 sensor captures high clarity images with natural details, rich tonal grade and low noise output.
- The loop recording deletes the older footage when SD card is full and supports uninterrupted recording.
- The inbuilt GPS records the travel route, vehicle speed and location coordinates for further reviewing.
- The cam has 3 axis G sensor for collision detection and freezes the saved videos from overwriting by loop recording.
- It support 128 GB class 10 micro SD card and can record continuous 24 hours with advanced compression technology.
- It is easy to change the settings and preview the videos with the AKASO car app. The app also allows for downloading the videos on the phone to share them easily.
- The WDR technology improves the overall exposure of the image and captures every single detail even in night time.
- Extended memory storage
- Android app support
- Good WDR technology
- Built-in GPS
- Issues with camera functioning after certain period
- G sensor stops abruptly over the period
YI Smart Dash Camera
The YI smart dash camera has the best ultra-wide range and inbuilt WiFi for easy viewing and sharing the videos to social media.
- The dash cam captures 1080p HD resolution with 60 frames per second videos and it can create high-quality images in extreme fast driving.
- It has a 165-degree wide-angle lens for capturing 3 lanes completely and reduces the blind spots in the videos. It captures highly accurate detailing in the video recordings.
- The cam has inbuilt WiFi with a 2.4 GHz module and can connect with the phone for real-time monitoring and play the recorded videos. It helps in sharing the video effortlessly.
- It has 2.7 inch LCD screen in the ratio 16: 9 for instant previewing of the recording and also has touch buttons for easy accessing of the settings.
- The inbuilt G-sensor saves the incident footage immediately if there is any collision detection and can use the recorded videos for insurance claims.
- It has Advanced Driver Assistant System for assisting in driving with real time data.
- Ultra wide-angle capturing
- Driver assistance
- Inbuilt WiFi
- LCD screen for previewing
- Low quality night vision video
Aukey Dual Dash Cam
The Aukey dual dash cam protects the car in both rear and front with high-resolution recordings and has a longer lifespan for both the cameras.
- It has a Sony Exmor image sensor in both cameras for sharp 1080p HD resolution video recordings and it is best suited for night time driving.
- The front camera has 170 degrees wide-angle and the rear camera has 152 degrees wide-angle to capture almost 360-degree monitoring while driving. It also covers 6 full lane view.
- The dash cam can withstand extreme temperature (-30 to 75 degree Celsius) and the supercapacitor has high endurance and long life span.
- The loop recording keeps the camera storage from getting full by deleting the unnecessary footage.
- The Emergency recording saves the collision incident video with G-sensor and protects it from overwriting by loop recording.
- The installation process is simple with 3M adhesive pads to fix dash cam perfectly in the car windshield.
- The cam has GPS antenna for recording vehicle speed and current location for enabling trip tracking and safety driving.
- Easy to install
- Dual camera protection
- GPS for location tracking
- Withstand extreme temperatures
- Issues with video quality over the period
Buying Guide for Best Dash Cam in India
This factor determines the quality of the video of the dash cam and most of the dash cam has 1080p HD resolution. It is necessary to identify the specific details like car registration number for investigation.
The G- sensor activates the safety mode in the dash cam to record the incident if there is a sudden change in vehicle movement and protects the video from overwriting.
This feature is available in almost all dash cam since it makes video recording keeps going. It erases all the old recordings in the storage if it reaches maximum storage capacity.
The wide-angle lens determines the dash cam capacity to capture the maximum view of the road. The wide-angle has a range from 120 to 170 degrees to cover up 3 to 6 highway lanes.
The GPS facility helps in Advanced Driver Assistant System for inputs like location and vehicle speed. Few dash cam has GPS and helps in tracking the car in case of theft.
Related: Best CCTV Cameras in India
1. Can I use dash cam recording for insurance claim?
Yes. You can use dash cam recordings for insurance claims. The G-sensor automatically records the incident if there is any collision and saves video from destroying.
2. Can I connect my phone with dash cam?
Yes. You can connect your phone with dash cam through WiFi. The dash cam with inbuilt WiFi can able to connect with the phone for easy video previewing, downloading and sharing.
3. Do dash cam has parking mode?
Yes. Dash cam has a parking mode to record the damage to the parked vehicle. The parking mode activates if the engine is off or the car is in standby for more than 30 seconds. Few dash cam has 24 hours parking mode.
4. Can dash cam function in all weather conditions?
Yes. Dash cam can function in all weather conditions. It can withstand extreme hot and cold temperature.
5. Can dash cam record speed?
Yes. Dash cam with inbuilt GPS can record the speed of the vehicle and location. It helps in monitoring the car and track the car location in case of missing.
Thus, this list of best dash cam with features, pros, and cons will help you decide the best dash cam in India for your car along with your need and budget. If you wish to add suggestions in the list of best dash cam in India, please mention it in the comments.